Self-Worth. What is it? Why is it so important?
Do you remember watching television or reading a magazine and seeing the words “because I’m worth it?” The slogan was created based on the idea that the consumer should buy the product because they “deserved” it and were worthy of indulging in a beauty product that may not be considered essential. In fact, many companies promote products under the premise that consumers should buy them because they are worthy. This marketing strategy is effective because society in general lacks self-esteem.
Self-worth matters. It matters so much that I’ve dedicated my time and my brand to promoting its importance. My coaching strategies have developed leaders, brand ambassadors, and all-around business bad-asses. The result of that mission is a multitude of empowered clients.
This process starts by finding the definition of self-worth that works for you.
Ask yourself these questions to begin your own journey to self-worth:
- What is your self-worth?
- Think about what makes you different, and what you bring to the table
- Create the picture of your own self-esteem.
- Visualize the “destination” version of you. What do you look like at the end of this process?
- What is the picture of yourself when you walk into the room?
- What energy are you bringing?
- How do your talents, value and self-worth (a.k.a. your overall self-esteem) impact what you do and how you do it?
- Why does it matter?
- What’s the value for you when you develop this?
- How are you going to use it to serve others?Be honest with yourself. Figure out the difference between valuing what you have to offer and having an issue with ego. Know that you have what it takes to develop yourself and succeed. How does this idea impact your thinking?
I’m privileged to work with folks who are in varying stages of this process. So many of my clients are journeying to a better definition of self-worth because it is the fastest way to get to the next level.
Self-worth is a mental strategy. I am all about being able to test and measure success, so I wanted to be sure that my strategies were working, even in an area that can get tough to harvest quantifiable data. Here are four client examples for you. By aligning with these folks, my strategies combined with their hard work, have created these results:
- Took a 3 year marketing company making no more than $42,000 a year and increasing sales to more than $225,000 in less than 6 months
- Worked with a CEO of a start up to better close business. In just 72 hours he secured more than $90,000+ toward their ½ million dollar 6 month goal
- Aligned with a CPA to develop systems for higher levels of growth and performance. Business became so healthy that she reported back that she was taking business in from a FIREHOSE! Simply meaning that business really took off.
- “Marlo lit a fire deep inside me that I didn’t know I had. This allowed me to get the financing to start a business and make it profitable in less than 30 days.”
- Much, much more!
If you have feelings of self-doubt and a desire to succeed, let’s work together to ratchet up your self-worth and get you there. I’ve got the simple, clear strategies for you to immediately take action on to obtain these types of results.
I look forward to working with you.
Your Chief Inspirational Officer