Do you know the frequency you are broadcasting to others?
Think about a situation when you had a juicy interaction with someone. How did you feel when they left the room? Were you uplifted or motivated? Did your connection leave you feeling drained and frustrated? Did you want to tune in or shut off that frequency?
By looking at your energy frequency as though it were a radio station, you will create a stronger connection with others and have the ability to leverage your strengths in a way you never thought possible. When identifying your “station,” ask yourself these questions:
- If you were a radio station what is the frequency you desire to broadcast?
- Is there a lot of static or do you have a strong tower that’s easy to tune into?
- What do you want your audience to hear from you?
- What is your message?
- What color best describes your station?
- Do you want to leave a bright impression or a smoky, dark frequency?
- What emotion do you want your audience to have when listening to you?
- What emotion best describes who you are?
- What does your station look like?
- Is your font bold or subtle when communicating with others?
- Why would an audience listen to your station? What brings them to you?
- What would be the impact of your station? What do you need to do to keep your audience from changing the station?
Once you get clear on the frequency you are broadcasting to others you will start to understand the value you bring to the room. Understanding your value allows others to better engage and communicate with you, allowing for more openness and more genuine connections.
This is a fun strategy because it gives you permission to evaluate yourself from the outside in, rather than the inside out. Honing in on your frequency is a game changer when creating networks and communicating with others. Knowing how you are perceived by others will help you to close more business, grow bigger teams, and help you begin your climb to the next level.
Ignite Your Success!